- Dette event har allerede funnet sted.
A Changing Maritime Industry
- Main Focus of the Module: The main focus of this module is the changing industry conditions for the maritime industry.
- How are these introduced: The challenges are presented through academic lectures and guest speeches.
- How will you work with these throughout the module: Through a live industry case and by using a systematic framework you will discuss relevant challenges and gain insight into how they can be handled strategically.
- What can I learn from this module? To think more systematically about industry challenges and what they mean to my company.
- How can I use this learning to navigate in a changing environment and improve my company’s results? Understanding short and long term single and joint implications, prioritizing and strategizing actions.
Speakers module 1:
- Professor Chair BI – Randi Lunnan
- Center Manager HVL, Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences – Liv Reidun Grimstvedt
- CEO Grieg Maritime Group – Matt Duke
The main focus of this program:
- Developing strategic leadership. Leadership entails setting a direction for the company and securing that the firm executes the strategy. To improve strategic leadership skills, the leader needs to understand the industry, and its current challenges and opportunities, and be able to build and innovate from the company’s resources. Strategic leadership takes place in teams, by jointly discussing, analyzing, presenting and implementing new solutions. Applying strategic tools in teams through interaction with faculty from BI and HVL, and industry leaders, are central elements of this program. We will also discuss execution and how you as an individual leader can improve your strategic leadership skills.
Stay tuned – more information coming soon